PDA

View Full Version : Sheet number already in use?

eviele
2010-01-13, 05:16 PM
Revit 2009 won't let us renumber a sheet because it says that number is already in use.
It's not and it is at the same time.
Meaning, we can't find a sheet at all with that number, but when I modify the sheet Browser Organiztion to display only that particular sheet it shows when selecting equal to number A-120.

In other words, it shows under the Browser Organiztion as a selectable sheet number, but it displays nothing in the Project Browser. Somehow this sheet is recognized by Revit, but unselectable and unseen in the Project Browser.

I'm sure I'm missing something simple. Any hints?

Thanks folks.

Eric

twiceroadsfool
2010-01-13, 05:50 PM
Look for folders in the browser that start with ???.

It means your browser is filtered or sorted, and someone made a new sheet using that sheet number that never got the parameter filled in, so you cant see it under your standard sheets.

eviele
2010-01-13, 07:55 PM
Look for folders in the browser that start with ???.

It means your browser is filtered or sorted, and someone made a new sheet using that sheet number that never got the parameter filled in, so you cant see it under your standard sheets.

Hmm...I'm lost.
The folders in the browser that start with ??? are only a few and are also views, not sheets.
When I expand the sheets section of the browser there are no ??? and the sheets portion of the browser is set to show all. The sheets are not filtered and sorted....

twiceroadsfool
2010-01-13, 08:12 PM
Hmm...I'm lost.
The folders in the browser that start with ??? are only a few and are also views, not sheets.
When I expand the sheets section of the browser there are no ??? and the sheets portion of the browser is set to show all. The sheets are not filtered and sorted....

You dont have this listed RIGHT above Families in the Project Browser?

eviele
2010-01-13, 09:33 PM
Nope.
We never changed the listing and sorting of the Sheets, only of the Views in the browser.
The end of the sheets looks like attached.

Also attached is the view of the sheet we're trying to renumber (A2- SKA-02A to A2- SKA-02). It won't let us remove the A.

Finally, attached is the sheet browser organizer, note that this is the only place I see A2- SKA-02 in the set. When I show only that one sheet in the browser organizer, nothing shows in the sheets area of project browser.

Whaddaya think? Weird, no?

twiceroadsfool
2010-01-13, 09:35 PM
Whats under the folders tab? Are they broken out by Phasing?

eviele
2010-01-13, 09:59 PM
Grouped by None.
Sorted by Sheet Number.

twiceroadsfool
2010-01-13, 10:47 PM
Hmm. How big is the file? I can give you an FTP address to upload it to, but i wont be able to look at it until tomorrow.

eviele
2010-01-13, 11:03 PM
It's gimungo.
Nearly 200MB which may be part of the problem.

Thanks for your help Aaron. For today's deadline we just put text over the sheet number. :Oops:

twiceroadsfool
2010-01-13, 11:10 PM
Duplicate your Drawing List, or make another one. Tell it to have no filter, and sort by page number. If the sheet still doesnt show up, keep changing the Phase of the drawing list in VG until you find it. It has to be there somewhere....

eviele
2010-01-14, 06:27 PM
You're the best Aaron!
I made a new drawing list and the sheet appeared. We deleted it from there.

It still seems odd that no matter what we couldn't see the sheet, but whatever. I'm just happy to have it gone.

Thanks for your help. :beer:

twiceroadsfool
2010-01-14, 06:36 PM
lol... There was probably a folder somewhere in the browser that we just couldnt see or spot easily. :)

Glad you got it sorted out. :)

LP Design
2011-01-14, 06:43 PM
Glad I found this thread. I had exactly the same problem. After looking a little further it looks like the real problem was a "placeholder sheet". Here's a link to the autodesk help on the topic.
http://docs.autodesk.com/subscription/REVIT/2011/ENU/filesUsersGuide/WS1a9193826455f5ff219f8b8b1249cf2cb82-43c3.htm
Hope this helps anyone else hunting for this answer.

-LP

bbacke554532
2014-03-28, 04:52 PM
LP Design. . . you da man!!

MikeJarosz
2014-04-02, 10:00 PM
There are a lot of hiding places in Revit. If something is in use, no matter how deeply it is hidden, Revit will not delete it. This issue comes up a lot with Levels that have been poorly coordinated. Someone makes a Level 3 and someone else makes a Third Floor Plan. Then they start adding data. Then the Model Manager discovers two third floors and demands one be deleted, but no one can find everything placed on each level and they can't delete the redundant level.

Don't let this happen to you!

zak743527
2017-02-28, 06:00 PM
You are the best!