PDA

View Full Version : Change default path to launch 2009 files

stevent
2010-01-13, 11:43 PM
Can I change the default, so all 2009 files when selected (dble click) from browser will launch in 2010 instead of default 2009

Steve_Stafford
2010-01-13, 11:52 PM
Don't think so. The application that is launched is determined by File Associations and is a function of Windows. Revit.exe is the same executable for all versions of Revit and .rvt is the same extension for all project files. The best medicine is to stop double clicking on Revit files, sorry. That's what File > Open is all about :smile:

If you named your files carefully you could probably craft a AutoHotKey script to Open a file and choose the correct Revit version to run. If you are curious you can check out the Create Local scripts that David Baldachinno and David Kingham have shared here.

stevent
2010-01-14, 02:21 AM
Steve, thank you for your input, I am going to try ms/control panel/folderoptions/file types/change, but if this does not change anything then I will instruct my client to stop trying to shortcut and open from within the application

Don't think so. The application that is launched is determined by File Associations and is a function of Windows. Revit.exe is the same executable for all versions of Revit and .rvt is the same extension for all project files. The best medicine is to stop double clicking on Revit files, sorry. That's what File > Open is all about :smile:

If you named your files carefully you could probably craft a AutoHotKey script to Open a file and choose the correct Revit version to run. If you are curious you can check out the Create Local scripts that David Baldachinno and David Kingham have shared here.

stevent
2010-01-14, 02:21 AM
Steve, thank you for your input, I am going to try ms/control panel/folderoptions/file types/change, but if this does not change anything then I will instruct my client to stop trying to shortcut and open from within the application

j_starko
2010-01-14, 07:52 PM
blam blam/ double tap!