PDA

View Full Version : Stamp Toggle

tcupp
2010-01-14, 04:20 PM
I have a framesheet that needs one of three different stamps displayed on it. Would there be a way to set up an element property for the framesheet that would allow me to toggle one of the three stamps on and off.

jeffh
2010-01-14, 04:23 PM
Take a look at the 2nd and 3rd videos on this page to see how this can be accomplished.

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/item?siteID=123112&id=13945669&linkID=9243097

tcupp
2010-01-14, 08:13 PM
Very helpful. I may be missing something here but is it possible to have the 'visible' toggle with inserted images. The issue is that the stamps that I am using are JPG's.

Gadget Man
2010-01-15, 08:02 AM
Very helpful. I may be missing something here but is it possible to have the 'visible' toggle with inserted images. The issue is that the stamps that I am using are JPG's.

As far as I know (unless it has changed in 2010) you can't toggle visibility of imported images in the family.

I would like to be corrected...

Scott Hopkins
2010-08-09, 10:25 PM
I've found a work around for this issue.

1) Draw the actual stamp with lines and text so that it can be linked to an off/on parameter in the title block

2) Insert your signature on top of your stamp.

now here is the secret..

Images in Revit have height and width parameters that can be linked with a conditional statement to an on/off parameter in your title block family. If you set the width and height of the image to a very small number it will become invisible.

Signature Width if(Signature, 1 1/4", 1/256")
Signature Height if(Signature, .5", 1/256")

Ning Zhou
2010-08-10, 02:31 PM
try nesting family, maybe that's the best(?) way out.

Bill McLees
2010-08-10, 06:57 PM
Post your jpg stamps into three individual "generic annotation" families. Then bring them into your title block family.

You can create yes/no parameters to toggle each of the three on and off independently.

If you set these parameters up as type parameters, you can toggle the visibility of the seals in the title block for every drawing in the set (assuming you use only one title block.)

If you set these parameters up as instance parameters, you can have different seals turned on or off on different drawings.

I prefer using the type parameter so I can turn a seal on or off for the entire set and therefore every title block is sealed or not.