PDA

View Full Version : Help with Reflected Ceiling Plan and view settings?

rgecy
2003-09-19, 04:36 PM
I am having trouble with my RCP using the Residential Template. When I create a new RCP no walls show up. I do not have any missing layers that would block the view. If I set the top view range to unlimited it will show the walls.

What I would like to do is show my ceiling plan with my electrical plan or even in my floor plan. I have a vaulted ceiling in one area especially that I need to show, but I cannot get it to show up on even the RCP.

What view settings do I need to use to make this happen? And can I show my RCP in my floor plan or electrical plan?

Thanks,
RGecy

sbrown
2003-09-19, 04:46 PM
This happens to me all the time, just click view range change the cut height to say 6'7" and your view extents to unlimited, then you can start reigning it in from there.

studio3p
2003-09-19, 05:56 PM
While I'm not sure if this is the correct way of thinking about it, I set the Cut Plane Offset value to -4' 0" as if the cut plane were set below the level of the ceiling. If I change it to a positive value then the result has little to do with a reflected ceiling plan. Perhaps this will help your situation as well.

Another thing I've noticed is that while using the templated Ceiling Plan view the option for placing Spot Elevations is unavailable. And I haven't a single clue why that would be.