PDA

View Full Version : Doors/Windows in same Schedule

techsupport.161645
2010-01-15, 08:57 PM
Our office currently shows doors and interior windows in the same schedule.

Is their a way in Revit to allow the windows to appear in the same schedule?

I changed the Familiy Category in the familiy editor from Windows to Doors and this seems to work. However, now windows appear under the Doors in the project browser. Should I create shared parameters and apply them to both the doors and windows families that we are creating?

Currently their are only a few fields in the schedule that are automatically filled out. Everthing else is filled out manually within the schedule in Revit.

Thank You

Scott Womack
2010-01-15, 09:17 PM
There is no "right" answer. You have several choices, you've already listed one. Another is to create shared parameters, and use only those in both your door and windows, then use a multi-catagory schedule. These shared parameters applied to both catagories would then be available to schedule.

We create special families for these "interior" windows using a door family template. That way the exterior windows (on large commercial work) remain unchaged, and can be scheduled separately.

techsupport.161645
2010-01-18, 01:35 PM
Scott,

Thank you for the response.

I was initially going to do the same and use the door familiy template for the interior windows. However I was not sure what issues this might cause down the road. However for my situtation I think it would be fine. Thay way, their will be no question why the window is showing up in the door schedule. It will be a good indication that the window placed is an interior window.

adam.wooff.226577
2010-01-19, 09:00 AM
Scott,
to follow this through a bit further (and apologies if this is discussed elsewhere) we are the Interior Design department of a large UK architectural practice. We do a lot of commercial office fitout, and are looking to schedule glazed partitions and doorsets from systems. We would like to include the doors in our door schedule, but the overall assemblies in our partition types and elevations.

Do you have any experience of how this is best achieved? we have been looking at curtain walling but assume that this would come under window schedules. This seems to to extend the discussion above.

my alternative is to create a seperate window schedule accordingly for interior fitout.

Any pointers would be gratefully received

Thanks and regards
Adam

clog boy
2010-01-19, 10:19 AM
'What we do' is remove the head of eather schedule, then put it right below the other one on sheet. Hence we first label the doors, then the windows, then the interior door (which can be filtered creating a custom field).

Scott Womack
2010-01-20, 01:04 PM
... We do a lot of commercial office fitout, and are looking to schedule glazed partitions and doorsets from systems. We would like to include the doors in our door schedule, but the overall assemblies in our partition types and elevations.

Do you have any experience of how this is best achieved? we have been looking at curtain walling but assume that this would come under window schedules. This seems to to extend the discussion above.

Sorry for the delay in responding, I was out on a project construction site for the last two days.

Curtainwall might be made to work for you. Doors in a curtainwall are a specialized panel family. If started with a Door - Curtain Wall family template, they scedule with the doors, if started with the Window - Curtain Wall template they schedule with windows. With a couple of customized shared parameters, you can filter your schedule to include these, or exclude them, whatever you like.

adam.wooff.226577
2010-01-27, 09:10 AM
Thanks Scott,
likewise sorry for the delay but have also been heavily involved on site myself.

I'll update you when we get round to doing this

Regards
Adam