PDA

View Full Version : CTB for DWG Export?

barrie.sharp
2010-01-19, 11:24 AM
I have to export to DWG for our M&E consultant. No issue exporting and layers are fine but can Revit produce a CTB so that AutoCAD can print a similar output. I thought PCP would help but I can get it to produce pen assignments to match Revits output. Is there a really simple answer I've overlooked?

barrie.sharp
2010-01-20, 09:09 AM
Does anyone have to issue DWG's from their model to consultants? I still haven't cracked this one.

ckc.mike
2010-01-20, 12:57 PM
Either you or the receiver will need to convert the PCP file to CTB file, you can Autodesk Plot Style Manager in Control Panel to do so, if you have AutoCAD installed. While print from AutoCAD, user need to select the CTB file before printing.
Remember CTB file is using colour to control the lineweight, if you and the receiver are using the same colour for different linewieght, then it will be a problem.

barrie.sharp
2010-01-20, 01:02 PM
I have tried that process but my print previews are showing a colourful output rather than b&w with splashs of colour. Do the colours not get assigned to a different output colour? View boundaries are also showing rather that being non plotable. Does this sound familiar or is something going wrong for me?

twiceroadsfool
2010-01-20, 01:14 PM
We send DWG's to consultants all of the time. But they obviously will use THEIR plot style when they print their trades drawings. They will end up changing the colors of the layers your model is on to suit their needs... But i imagine most of it will get gray toned since theyre other trades other than architectural.

Having said that, go to the Export settings > DWG/DGN layers. Thats where you control what layers and what colors it exports too. We set ours up so we can use our regular office CTB file.

Its not perfect, since Revit doesnt manage objects the way CAD manages layers, but it gets the job done.

barrie.sharp
2010-01-20, 01:17 PM
Thanks. Sounds like setting up export and CTB to match is the best way. Shame it can't produce CTB OOTB

ckc.mike
2010-01-20, 02:53 PM
For the View Boundary issue, you can turnoff the View Crop Region before u export to DWG.