PDA

View Full Version : Lock Curtain Grid?

jpyeatt
2010-01-19, 04:08 PM
I've created a series of vertical Curtain Grid lines within a CW system. I have also created reference planes to define the location of these mullions in plan. Now I need to align the vertical Curtain Grid(s) to their respective reference lines. This is easily done:

Modify > Align > (Click reference line, then Grid Line)

But there does not seem to be an option to 'lock' the newly aligned Curtain Grid(s) to their respective reference lines. When I move any given reference line, the grid does not move with it. I'm not sure how to fix this... I'm looking for a little 'lock' icon, but it doesn't show up. Do I need to add a dimension from each Curtain Grid to each reference line?

A little help, if you please. Thx.

eric.piotrowicz
2010-01-19, 04:14 PM
What you discribe is working properly for me. Both horizontally and vertically. Is there a chance that the reference plane is not perpendicular to the curtainwall?

jpyeatt
2010-01-19, 07:39 PM
Ah, good point and something that I left out of the initial post.

The overall geometry is based on a curve (in section). As such, then angle of each segment of glass is varied and no plane is directly perpendicular to the XYZ planes.

I don't know how that figures into the problem, but it could be the cause.

andy.239668
2010-01-19, 09:58 PM
Revit doesn't like to snap to non-perpendicular objects. Is there a center point of the curve? can you set an angular degree between each vertical curtain grid via reference planes?