PDA

View Full Version : Radius Beam trouble

raffiolds
2010-01-19, 10:41 PM
Relatively new to Revit, so I have been banging my head trying to create a radiused concrete beam family to as a part of the Structural design of the project. I know it is usually the domain of the engineers but need to do it for a reason.

I am trying what I assume is the "right way": to generate a beam family, so that can be used in the future for other projects. The premise is quite simple, using a rectangular section.

I am having a hard time constraining the geometry using reference planes and lines. Can anyone direct me to a step-by-step tutorial on the subject. I imagine there are a few, but cannot come accross something that makes sense.

I am attaching a couple of screen shots: the family creation screen, and the project, where the result is obviously not welcome.

Thanks a bunch,

R.

TheViking
2010-01-21, 02:42 AM
Revit Structure 2009 has the ability to create curved beams. This feature was also added to Revit Architecture 2010 in the Subscription Advantage Pack. I'm not a family expert so hopefully someone is able to give you a hand.