PDA

View Full Version : Modifying Roof Slab Host Problems

diacovoni
2010-01-20, 05:04 PM
I am running Revit 2010 and have a shed roof over a school wing that was created using a mass to get my slope reference plane. We now have structural information that modifes this slope. I have revised my Mass but cannot change the "Host" of my roof slab to the revised mass element. The option is greyed out in the tool bar.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Dan Iacovoni

ckc.mike
2010-01-20, 05:16 PM
did you modify the original massing or create a new massing to accommodate the change?
if you modified from the original massing, then you can select the Roof Slab then select Remake. But if you create a new massing to do the adjustment, it is no way you can use the original Roof Slab changed with the new massing.
So always keep the massing alive.

diacovoni
2010-01-20, 06:22 PM
Thank you for the quick response. I modified the original mass. I cannot find a remake option either on the tool bar or when I right click on the roof slab. Where do I find the "remake" option.

Dan Iacovoni

nancy.mcclure
2010-01-20, 11:24 PM
Once you modify your mass, just selecting the Roof By Face should trigger an "Update to Face" button on the Modify Roofs tab of the Ribbon. If this is not appearing, perhaps you created your roof as an in place model on the workface of your mass, rather than Roof By Face.

I hope I'm not stating the obvious, but perhaps worth discussion is that if your shed roof is a simple (singular) slope, you might have easily created it with the standard roof tool, starting with a flat roof and embedding a slope arrow that you can specify slope as a rise/run formula (see attached).

Cheers!

ckc.mike
2010-01-20, 11:34 PM
Nancy is right, Autodesk changed the terminology, it is no longer called "Remark", it use "Update to Face".