PDA

View Full Version : Project Origin no where to be found

justin.black
2010-01-20, 08:23 PM
I have a project where my "Survey Point" is at my 0,0 but I cannot seem to find where my "Project Base Point" is. (Yes it is turned on in Visability Graphics) Has anyone else found this situation where your Project Base Point doesn't exist?

Thanks
JB

nancy.mcclure
2010-01-20, 10:00 PM
See if the project is using Shared Coordinates - it may be waaaaaaay off from where you are modeling...

ckc.mike
2010-01-20, 10:24 PM
No 100% sure what you are asking. If you want to find the Project Base Point of a Revit Project Model, you can select "Reveal Hidden Elements"on a plan view. You will see a symbol which is a combination of a Triangle and Cycle, that is where the Project Base Point of the Revit project model.

justin.black
2010-01-21, 10:42 PM
No 100% sure what you are asking. If you want to find the Project Base Point of a Revit Project Model, you can select "Reveal Hidden Elements"on a plan view. You will see a symbol which is a combination of a Triangle and Cycle, that is where the Project Base Point of the Revit project model.

If you noticed that I said (Yes it is turned on in "Visability/ Graphic Overrides"), that would cause it to show up just like "Reveal Hidden Elements"

justin.black
2010-01-21, 10:44 PM
See if the project is using Shared Coordinates - it may be waaaaaaay off from where you are modeling...

Is there a way to see if it is using Shared Coordinates? I think you may be correct and it may be waaaaay off from where I am modelling. But I have tried the zoom-extents and it does not include anything outside where I'm modelling.
Thanks
JB

nancy.mcclure
2010-01-22, 01:38 AM
Zoom Extents / Zoom to Fit is going to respond to your crop region, so it may not zoom out to show you. Check your Manage Links to see if Shared Coordinates have been applied to the project.

patrick.villella
2013-02-08, 03:44 AM
Zoom Extents / Zoom to Fit is going to respond to your crop region, so it may not zoom out to show you. Check your Manage Links to see if Shared Coordinates have been applied to the project.

This isn't true any longer (as of Revit 2012 and Revit 2013) -- Zoom Extents or Zoom to Fit will still include the Project Base Point and Survey Point, even if they are not within the crop region, as long as these categories are visible via VG and the elements themselves have not been hidden in the view.