PDA

View Full Version : 2010: Fillet Curve in a Sweep Path to follow as I adjust an Angle?

snowyweston
2010-01-21, 04:19 AM
I'm feeling really stupid here and can't believe this is beating me - but I just can't get a fillet curve to behave in the attached family...

Essentially, all I'm trying to do is have a smooth fillet with a radius twice that of the pipe's radius - which is all well and good when I model the sweep "as made" ; but if I change the radius of the pipe the fillet's "x2" equation fails - as does it when I change the angle.

I really don't want to re-make the sweep each time there's a change to the angle of the falling section.... How do I make the fillet section follow the changing angle parametrically? What am I doing wrong?

Munkholm
2010-01-21, 07:51 AM
Been looking at the family, and it seems to be working fine... However, if you change the angle to say 30 degrees, and donĀ“t change the overall height as well, the sweep is gonna break. You could use formulas, to calculate a minimum overall height, and have it change correspondingly, or have it displaying a warning.

snowyweston
2010-01-22, 04:08 AM
How curious - I certainly would say it works, not going by what the attached .pdf shows...