PDA

View Full Version : Scheduling Drawing Sheet Sizes

andrewharle
2010-01-21, 11:06 AM
Hi,

I have a query on scheduling drawing sheets. I would like to be able to have the drawing sheet size in my schedule. However the only way I have found of doing this so far is to set up a shared parameter, create a label within the drawing sheet using this shared parameter, and to load this parameter into the project.

However it appears that I can only use an instance parameter within a drawing sheet, which is practically useless, as I have to enter the sheet size manually for each sheet, which is likely to cause errors.

Is there any way of being able to create a parameter within a drawing sheet that can be scheduled?

Scott Womack
2010-01-21, 11:40 AM
No. It's because Revit designed them to be able to have differently scaled views placed on a sheet. If you have 10 details on a sheet, all with different scales, what would the sheet scale be?

You might also try scheduling the view scales, that are placed on a sheet. Applying the parameter to views might provide a different approach.

rudolfesterhuyse
2010-01-21, 12:50 PM
Funny, I asked exactly the same thing today! Its not the scale that is asked about, it is the sheet size. I can also only do it as an instance parameter and not as a type? Why not?

patricks
2010-01-21, 06:03 PM
Because sheets views have no type parameters, nor do they contain any information about what title block family is being used in said sheet view.

Just shift-select all your sheets of a particular size in the project browser, and then you should be able to populate your label information across all of them at once.

dhurtubise
2010-01-21, 07:05 PM
You could use the API to get that information

rudolfesterhuyse
2010-01-22, 10:07 AM
Because sheets views have no type parameters, nor do they contain any information about what title block family is being used in said sheet view.

Just shift-select all your sheets of a particular size in the project browser, and then you should be able to populate your label information across all of them at once.

But the title block is a family (without type parameters?) Why?

But thanks, I don't think it will be too much of a hassle to do it with shift select. Only you have to do it for every project and every time you add a sheet, in stead of it just being automatically scheduled if it was a type parameter attached to your sheet types in your template file.

rudolfesterhuyse
2010-01-22, 10:08 AM
You could use the API to get that information

Ok, what does API mean and how would I do this?

Scott Womack
2010-01-22, 11:39 AM
API is Advanced Programing Interface or some such thing. Learn the .NET programing language, learn the Revit system for making programming calls to it, etc. and buy a compliler for it. That is how you would used the API to get additional information.

Ning Zhou
2010-01-22, 09:58 PM
a little correction Scott, Application Programming Interface, also, if you don't want to spend money buying standard package of Microsoft Visual Studio, then download Express version which is free but lack of full debugging function, etc.

Munkholm
2010-01-23, 09:00 PM
The RTV Drawing Manager 2010, from RevitTV.com (http://revitdrawingmanager.com) allready have this feature. @ $195.00 per seat it´s probably not worth messing with the API, if you have no programming experience... :beer: