PDA

View Full Version : Clip / Cut Curtainwall withing Project File?

jpyeatt
2010-01-21, 02:57 PM
Morning all. More Revit-noob questions... :(

I'm building a curtain wall system. The initial geometry is based on a Mass/Family, the planes of which have been imported as individual Curtain Wall systems. The theoretical mass is curved in section, but has been broken into facets (per floor) for constructibility.

The top of the system needs to be cut/clipped at a diagonal (see attached image). I know this can be done within the Mass Family before being imported, but I'm wondering if there's a way to break down the top of the curtain wall system and do this within the Project file.

I've thought about adding a diagonal curtain grid along the 'clip' line as shown, then setting all of the panels above this to 'open' and deleting the remaining mullions. I just don't know how to add an additional, diagonal curtain grid within the existing orthogonal system. Can someone suggest how I might create this diagonal/atypical mullion?

Thanks. Again.

If this doesn't work, I'll turn off the entire top of the Curtain Wall and bring in a new mass with clipped geometry for the top of the building. I'd just prefer to keep it as a single item if it makes sense.

twiceroadsfool
2010-01-21, 03:51 PM
The Mass is imported from where? If from a 3rd party software, did you load it in to a mass family first? You should be able to update the mass to have the top cut off, and then to update the Related Hosts (CW).