PDA

View Full Version : Revit 2009 x64 on Windows 7 x64

eric.commons
2010-01-21, 11:19 PM
I know this is a question that may never be answered so i wish to be the first to ask it anyways. Currently we are setting up a base Windows Image to deploy for our Firm including Revit and ACA products. I am currently in the process of adding packages/programs/etc. I ran into an issue related to installation on External Tools for Revit 09 such as Batch Print, Work Sharing Monitor and Globe Link with Revit 09 already installed..... But it tells me when I try installing these tools that Revit 2009 needs to be installed before i can install these tools..... Now.... The Revit 09 application is installed, however, hasn't been opened yet, why? Well, when you setup a Windows profile purposely used to create images in the past we encountered problems when copying the working profile to the Default profile in Windows when opened prior to deployment. So, on the technical findings on it is when you open up Revit or ACA or whatever you have installed it links all the attributes to that profile and when you make it your Default for everyone else to have the standard it causes errors when they log on and open it up using there log in credentials... Long story short i need to know if there is a way to package and install External Tools for Revit 2009 x64 without receiving that error message that Revit needs to be installed first? Any suggestion would help

PS: I am new to the Forum so if i placed this topic in the wrong area please move or advise.

Thanks,