PDA

View Full Version : resizing a title block

k.armstrong
2004-11-26, 03:27 PM
Is it possible to "scale" a titleblock in a family - i want to create an A3 titleblock based on the A1 shhet and scaled down - but i can't find the command to scale it

Thanks
Ken

Dimitri Harvalias
2004-11-26, 03:57 PM
Assuming that you don't want to scale the text, logo etc. in the title block, just open the title block family, move the border lines to the right location and re-save as a different family.

If you are changes sheet sizes in a project that is already started, load the new title block family into your project, go to the project browser, under annotations find the old title block, right click, select all instances and replace the old with the new.

alpfra
2004-11-26, 06:41 PM
I think you can add instance parametrs for dimensioning titleblock.

Regards

Dimitri Harvalias
2004-11-26, 07:36 PM
Alpfra,

You can do that but it can cause some problems depending on the format of your title block. Most of my title blocks use a right margin set up (ie all the information is in a strip the full height of the right side of the sheet) so resizing requires tightening up the spaces between that information as the sheet gets smaller.
I've found it easier just to have a set of standard sheet families and keep them fixed sizes.

Scott D Davis
2004-11-26, 09:40 PM
7.0 has a 'resize' tool that will do what you are looking for.