PDA

View Full Version : nested symbols in detail components not showing in curtain panels

jofford
2010-01-22, 05:24 PM
I've been trying to create a symbol for a curtain wall panel family that appears in elevations and also acts like a label. Essentially it's a built in tag for a curtain panel family. The key benefit I'm looking for is that this embedded tag will stretch/align to specific elements in my curtain panel family, no matter how the curtain panel stretches. My basic procedure was this.

1. Create a generic annotation symbol that contains a label
2. Import the generic annotation symbol into a detail component. This is necessary because you cannot put a symbol on a curtain panel elevation in the family editor.
3. Import that detail component into the curtain panel family
4. Place the detail component on the elevation views.

Everything works fine up till the point I load the curtain panel into a project. For whatever reason the embedded generic annotation is invisible in the project. Any miscellaneous lines in the detail component appear but not the nested symbol. It doesn't matter if the detail component was put on plan or elevation views in the family. I've verified all the visibilty settings are correct in each family and in the project.

Any suggestions? It seems like a glitch in Revit Arch 2010.

Thanks for any help you can provide