PDA

View Full Version : export as dwg - door blocks

mthurnauer
2010-01-22, 08:32 PM
When I export as a dwg, all of my doors are being exported as unique blocks and as such, they are very cumbersome to deal with when I take my model into another program. Is there a setting I am missing that is causing all of my instances of the same door to be considered unique blocks?

DaveP
2010-01-22, 09:20 PM
Nope.
Pretty much everything you export ends up with each instance as a unique block in AutoCAD.
You won't get any attributes, either. Even Grid bubbles come through as a circle and text.

And, my favorite: There is only one Text Style: Standard. Each individual piece of Text has the formatting embedded in the text string. All the formatting, Font, size, bold, italic, everything. Makes it really tough to edit or select the text. I'd rather have Revit fix it, but it might be a fairly simple routine to dig into the text, find the formatting and create a new AutoCAD Style. Anybody know if there's a LISP routine out there to do that?

twiceroadsfool
2010-01-22, 09:37 PM
If you really dig in to that DWG file, theyre VERY ugly. Theyre intended to be used as underlays / base plans. I wouldnt want to WORK in a CAD file exported from Revit, to be sure.

greg.mcdowell
2010-01-22, 10:58 PM
Funny... I remember when Revit first came out (long before Autodesk acquired it) it was said that Revit made better DWG files than AutoCAD.