PDA

View Full Version : REVIT company training options please!

vaughndave
2010-01-25, 06:06 PM
If anyone can suggest GOOD companies that offer in-house training, please leave a link or contact for me to look into.
We are investigating training for initially 8 to 10 people for a week or so. Please don't recommend some fly-by-night self procalimed people or companies. We need good training that doesn't cover the on-line Autodesk training wich is useless in a commercial scenario.
So far I have Avatech....possible candidate.
Will2PLAY.com ..........still trying to get someone to contact me from there.

Thanks!
Dave

TroyGates
2010-01-25, 06:30 PM
Have you looked into your local resellers? Some have good training programs and will even customize them to your needs.

TerribleTim
2010-01-25, 09:38 PM
I'm with Troy, talk to your reseller. I work with Imaginit, they have a very nice program for this type of thing and can customize it to meet your exact needs, even tailor it around one of your projects if you want.

swalton240189
2010-01-25, 11:39 PM
We used CDV to do our first couple rounds of training. I would hire them again. Once they were more familiar with the program our in-house CAD/BIM support were able to train the rest of our staff. CDV was good. Revit however is such a complex program that even a 5 day class will only scratch the surface. You may want to plan to have whomever you hire to come back in periodically for support. Or maybe hire an unemployed revit expert to join your company or visit periodically as a consultant. Over the shoulder follow up I think is very helpful.

tonyisenhoff
2010-01-26, 10:43 PM
. Or maybe hire an unemployed revit expert to join your company or visit periodically as a consultant.

If they're a "Revit expert" - they're more than likely not unemployed because firms don't want to lose them (for the most part)...

My recommendation would be to be cautious and verify your instructor's skill level. There are a lot of people out there that unfortunately have been let go due to the economy that now say they're "Revit experts". Their talent set should be validated...

tonyisenhoff
2010-01-27, 09:16 PM
Let me toot my own horn for a moment...

The firm I work for; Eppstein Uhen Architects (EUA) has recently embarked on a new venture; Design Application Consulting (http://www.eua.com/consulting/da/)

We have (2) full time BIM managers that have 5+ years experience and over 750 Revit projects under our belts. We're now offering our BIM services (training/consulting/content creation) to other companies. What differentiates us from everyone else is that we know and use the software on real projects on a daily basis.

I won't go into more detail here, but if anyone is interested, check out our website!

http://www.eua.com/consulting/da/

rick.feineis
2010-03-22, 11:34 PM
Hi Dave,

Just saw this post. I hope its not too late to reply.

If you are interested in Revit training from your office I recommend that you check out CAD Training Online at http://www.cadtrainingonline.com/Revit_2010_introduction.html . I'm positive that you will not be ignored and that someone will get back with you within 24 hours.

* Autodesk Authorized Training Center
* All of the instructors are Revit Certified Professionals and are using the software every day.
* All classes are customized by the instructor for your firm's requirements.
* Classes are scheduled for when your firm needs them, not based on the needs of the instructors.
* Partial day, night and weekend classes are available to work around your busy schedule.

Best regards,

Rick