PDA

View Full Version : Roof Issues

TerribleTim
2010-01-26, 12:16 AM
Ok guys, I got a good one for you. I can't figure out why Revit won't draw this either. I made a roof by picking walls for most of it, then drawing some lines for the rest. It isn't anything crazy. Take a simple rectangle roof, single ridge down the center, 2 foot overhangs, 4:12 pitch, just like a typical house. Now here is the trick part. Instead of a typical gable end, move the center of the gable end (looking down in plan view on it) out 2 extra feet. So if you looked at it in plan it would have a sort of point where the gable ends are. When I try to do this in Revit I get the "Can't Create Roof" message. Any advice?

TerribleTim
2010-01-26, 12:22 AM
Never mind, I got it. After making the roof normal I was able to go back and edit the gable ends one by one to get what I wanted. I think my problem may have been else where.

So a new problem. I've got a section of roof hanging out over a walkway. Revit keeps setting the peak at the mid span between the two building walls. How can I get it to set the peak mid span between one wall and the walkway? Do I have to place a column out there before it will adjust?