PDA

View Full Version : adjusting size of windows

k.armstrong
2004-11-28, 12:12 PM
ok so i'm new and still trying to get the hang of Revit. one thing i have come across is adjusting the size of windows. I'm used to ADT where you simply grab a grip and stretch the window in place and can over-ride any standard sizes by holding control key. Can u do something like this in Revit - at the moment i'm having to edit the family to create a new size

Les Therrien
2004-11-28, 04:08 PM
read the tutorials.

tatjana.dzambazova
2004-11-28, 04:33 PM
Hi there,
grip editing like in ADT is possible in Revit as well as long as the window family has the parameters in question (width, height) set as instance parameters. If so, you can drag the window size as you please by simple dragging the grips. Otherwise, you can change the size of the window to any desired size by simple changing the value in the property dialog box of the window (right mouse click on a window, Properties, duplicate, give a new name for the new size you wish to create and change the values of the width or any other parameter as desired)

I attach two window families that have the parameters set as instance parameters. You can load them in your project and see the behaviour.
If you want to have this behavior in all windows, you would need to go in the window families, in the family editor and change them from type to instance.
Hope it helps, please let me know if it clear now?

tanja