PDA

View Full Version : Converting completed Revit projects to new ones for next phase

ghale
2010-01-27, 08:10 PM
I am trying to determine the best way to take a Revit project that was completed several years ago and start a new one, or the next phase of the project. I know that I can copy off the project file, purge it, clean it out and transfer project standards from our latest template, but that will end up being a lot of work. For the most part, all I want is the 3D geometry and the levels from the building, but little to none of the documentation.

These Revit projects are plagued with objects created by methods that we have since modified or banned because we now know better. I want to bring as little of that along as possible. Additionally, these are K-12 projects where there are several levels and little consistency as well as renovations built in phases. When we try to copy and paste from one Revit file to the other, there can be quite a few errors, warnings, and hangups that guarantee something will be missed or misplaced.

Does anybody have any advice on using old projects for new ones?

twiceroadsfool
2010-01-27, 09:50 PM
Check your email. ;)