PDA

View Full Version : Curtain Wall Panels Flipping

ppaige
2010-01-27, 09:18 PM
I've never had this happen to me before, and now I've got it happening twice.

Per the attached image, the standard Glazed system panel is flipping from one side of the curtain wall to the other (it should be on the outside). I can't find any way to flip the errant panel back to where it's supposed to be.

The same exact thing is happening to one of my precast walls, which is in a different revit file, using a different curtain wall type and different curtain wall panel.

Is there some way to flip a panel? What's even causing this in the first place?

ppaige
2010-01-29, 03:31 PM
(bump)
No thoughts?

Andre Carvalho
2010-01-29, 06:52 PM
I had this issue once, but don't remember exactly how I solved it... I think it was something related to the fact that walls created clockwise have the exterior face facing correct and walls created counter clockwise have the exterior face facing to inside. I know later you can flip the wall's exterior face and that works with curtain walls too, but if I'm not wrong, that was the cause of my issue. When Revit encountered malformed panels and had to automatically recreate them, it would point to the inside, still thinking that my wall hadn't been fliped...

Anyway, in your case, couldn't you move the curtain grid to the end, which would cause the deletion of that panel and later add a new curtain grid to split the good panel in two?

Andre Carvalho