PDA

View Full Version : [2010] Multiple leaders from tags (OPEN)

Jrobker
2010-01-27, 10:52 PM
The same option as there is for text.

If I have 2 identical families side by side we have to tag each of them taking up valuable space and cluttering the drawings.

One tag that is shared between them with multiple leaders would be...well expected.

mjdanowski
2010-01-28, 02:38 PM
This is more of a platform specific wish. I would go over to the platform (RAC) wishlist forum and add it there for better exposure. I will leave this thread open for discussion.

moliva
2010-01-28, 05:15 PM
agreed, would be a great benefit for plumbing pipe size tags. it looks like you've overlapped tags which is what I've done...haven't had any better ideas.

I have created a tag for multiple diffusers, so if there are a group of diffusers in the same area or room that are same size and same airflow it would cover all. of course, it's only tagging one of them but as long as I can keep the count straight i don't have any problems. and, I don't use it between zones or rooms as in this case.

Jrobker
2010-01-28, 09:04 PM
agreed, would be a great benefit for plumbing pipe size tags..

Wouldn't that be nice.

it looks like you've overlapped tags which is what I've done...haven't had any better ideas.

I didn't overlap.
I create a new text with a height of 1/32 and a width factor of .1, greyscale. I call it leader text.
In the view I type a period (.) and leader from that. I than hide the period under something near by, like the tag I am pretending to come off of.

actually you can see it in the F of CFM on the original pic I sent.