PDA

View Full Version : Drawing Schedule and issue sheets

rudolfesterhuyse
2010-01-28, 08:26 AM
Does anyone have a drawing schedule in Revit set up with catagory headings such PLANS, ELEVATIONS, DETAILS etc ?

Or do I have to use excel for the drawing register? At the moment we are using excel for monitoring progress, another programme for mopnitoring drawing issues and Revit for drawing (and printing the drawing list only to update it in excell so that we can use and print it in what would be an attractive format on A4's.) It also seems I am not able to split the drawing list into A4 sheets? Does anyone have a workaround or solution?

Is there a way to do drawing issue sheets in Revit that I am not aware of? Ie when the drawing(s) was issued to whom?

Munkholm
2010-01-28, 09:10 AM
You can do category headings as a projectparameter, assigned to the sheets - fill in the fields manually (1 - Plans, 2 - Elevations etc.), have your schedule grouped by that paramter, and make the fields hidden.

Same thing goes for "issued to" make a projectparameter for each of the involved contracters, clients etc. and assign those parameters to sheets, then just manually apply an "X" to the fields required.

Also, you can break up the drawinglist, into multiple A4 sheets, by placing multiple titleblocks next to each other, and then break the schedule to fit.

Actually, just take a look at the attached example, it probably speaks more than a thousand (misspelled) words :beer:

rudolfesterhuyse
2010-02-03, 10:13 AM
I trying this out. Especially usefull is the multiple A4s on one sheet suggestion. I will try the issued to idea as well. Thanks!

rudolfesterhuyse
2010-04-19, 11:16 AM
You can do category headings as a projectparameter, assigned to the sheets - fill in the fields manually (1 - Plans, 2 - Elevations etc.), have your schedule grouped by that paramter, and make the fields hidden.

Same thing goes for "issued to" make a projectparameter for each of the involved contracters, clients etc. and assign those parameters to sheets, then just manually apply an "X" to the fields required.

Also, you can break up the drawinglist, into multiple A4 sheets, by placing multiple titleblocks next to each other, and then break the schedule to fit.

Actually, just take a look at the attached example, it probably speaks more than a thousand (misspelled) words :beer:

Thanks, I have done this but (and maybe this is a different topic) how do I print each sheet in the same place on an A4? I only have the options, current window, visible portio of current window and selected sheets in combination with centre or zoom to fit.

Munkholm
2010-04-19, 11:31 AM
To print a single A4, I usually just dump an custom titleblock on top of everything, and use the "Center" option when printing.... see the attached example.

dlpdi5b
2010-04-20, 04:02 PM
Nice Trick, the A4 border mask and Center option! Thanks for explaining.