PDA

View Full Version : AutoCAD import inaccurate

fangoriously
2010-01-29, 05:36 PM
I'm trying to import a CAD drawing into Revit and am coming across some inaccuracies. The CAD drawing is made of flattened lines (property lines in this case). Some of the lines in the CAD drawing are rotated very slightly (55") and Revit seems to 'autocorrect' this for me. This, unfortunately, results in some frustrating inaccuracies (angles and dimensions don't match up with the CAD drawing). Is there a way to import CAD drawings into Revit without Revit changing things?

david_peterson
2010-01-29, 07:17 PM
Where is the 0,0,0 of the cad file in relation to the cad objects? If you have a cad file with an origin point that isn't close to the objects, revit will not be happy with it.

wmullett
2010-01-29, 09:44 PM
I don't like to import CAD drawings because they may be in-accurate. Parallel lines not parallel - dimensions not correct. That being said, I don't like REVIT for civil drawings. Revit does not like tiny angles or very small diensions. It is also terrible for topography lines.

So, I use the cad topography to build my revit 3D site model but link (NOT IMPORT) the civil drawing and never explode a Civil drawing... (only explode CAD files in a clean up project.)