PDA

View Full Version : Enlarged Floor Plans

emily.138221
2010-02-01, 03:31 PM
What is the best way to create enlarged floor plans? I have been duplicating the overall floor plan and adjusting crop range until now, but this method does not work as well for plans that are not rectilinear.

gwnelson
2010-02-01, 03:38 PM
Create a Callout of the view - works beautifully.

emily.138221
2010-02-01, 04:05 PM
Is there a way to draw non-rectilinear outlines with a call-out? That seems to leave me in the same predicament as with duplicating views if not.

Dimitri Harvalias
2010-02-01, 05:01 PM
Any shape you want as long as it's a rectangle :(
Depending on the configuration you are trying to achieve you can create multiple copies of your plan (or dependent views) and then arrange them on the sheet view together.
Can you post a screen shot of the floor plan?

martijnderiet
2010-02-02, 06:11 PM
Try drawing a Masking Region after duplicating the Floor Plan. Your Crop Region still has to be rectangular but in most cases your Sheet looks like you want it to look.

patricks
2010-02-02, 06:39 PM
Try drawing a Masking Region after duplicating the Floor Plan. Your Crop Region still has to be rectangular but in most cases your Sheet looks like you want it to look.

This. I have done this several times myself if I want to clear out a portion of an enlarged plan to place a note block, etc.

Only thing is that the callout on the floor plan (if you're using callouts) will still be rectangular.