PDA

View Full Version : Attaching curtain walls to angled roofs

diacovoni
2010-02-01, 04:21 PM
I have attached a PDF for clarification of my issue. I have a curtain wall drawn at the side of a shed roof and need to attach it to the underside of the roof so that the top mullion angles properly. This is easily done and I have no problem completing this task. My issue is that my roof that it attaches to is constructed of a 1-1/2" metal deck and 4.5" of rigid insulation. My structural consultant will provide the supporting steel in his model. I have inserted a "Soffit" profile to encompass the steel as it passes outside the building to support my overhang. This is where my issue occurs. Since the curtain wall passes by the soffit profile to the underside of roof deck, the top mullion is obscurred behind the soffit profile in elevation. There does not appear to be a top offset that will maintain the angle from the roof and drop the top mullion down. Hopefully I am missing a parameter that will solve this without having to remake my roof deck to incorporate the soffit piece as well.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Dan Iacovoni

Dimitri Harvalias
2010-02-01, 04:58 PM
You can also attach your roof to a reference plane aligned to the underside of your soffit.

t1.shep
2010-02-01, 06:25 PM
So, what you're trying to do is not have your mullion attach to the underside of the roof, but actually to the underside of the soffit?
I would create a ref. plane that is at the angle of the roof, but at the bottom of the soffit, and then edit the profile of your curtain walls. Align the top sketch line to the ref. plane and you should be good to go.

diacovoni
2010-02-01, 10:59 PM
That did it thanks a bunch.