PDA

View Full Version : Section Cut Line Styles

TerribleTim
2010-02-02, 04:47 PM
Ok, I need some help here. Is there a way to change the line style of a section line? Revit wants to use this really thin line and I'm getting hammered about that NOT being our standard. So I gotta fix it before I lose my mind and I cant seem to locate where the setting is that controls this. We use a thick line with a long dash and two dots, similar to the AutoCAD "dash double dot" line, but we made our own that uses a dash twice the length of the stock AuoCAD one. Any help?

eric.piotrowicz
2010-02-02, 06:15 PM
In your V/G settings there is a box in the lower left corner Object Styles which will let you control line type and weight settings. I haven't tested it but I think this will only modify on a per view basis so you'll need some VIew Templates to get them looking right through out the project.

Oops, my bad. Just checked and the above method will modify through out the project with out needing the mess of view templates. Kinda nice that it works this easily.

patricks
2010-02-02, 06:31 PM
Object Styles > Annotation Objects > Section Line. Keep in mind that this line weight will fall under the Annotation line weight settings (Manage > Settings > Line Weights) so a certain line weight here may or may not match a line of the same weight number that's in a drawing view.

For example, our section line weight is set to 6, but it's much thicker than even an 11 weight line in an actual drawing.

TerribleTim
2010-02-02, 10:49 PM
Thank you both for the reply. Eric hit it right on the head. That is exactly what I was looking for. A big thank you! :beer: