PDA

View Full Version : Wall Types in a door schedule

ranrus
2010-02-09, 07:13 PM
I've got a huge door schedule to develop along with head, jamb threshold details. I also have about 15 wall type assemblies, and I'm wondering if there is a way to extract the wall type for each door and stick it in the schedule. Same would apply for the window schedule

patricks
2010-02-09, 10:29 PM
No. Hosted families contain no information about and cannot draw information from their hosts.

trent59822
2010-02-09, 10:57 PM
Hmmm... that woud be a good idea if they did do that....

Scott Womack
2010-02-10, 12:28 PM
I've got a huge door schedule to develop along with head, jamb threshold details. I also have about 15 wall type assemblies, and I'm wondering if there is a way to extract the wall type for each door and stick it in the schedule. Same would apply for the window schedule

As stated, a hosted object cannot get any information from the object hosting it.

One way to get to this is to use key schedules. I typically use three for doors;

1 for the panel/type info;
2 for the frame information such as type, glazing, material, etc.;
3 for the head/jamb/sill details.

This three key schedule approach tends to keep all three key schedules shorter, and therefore more manageable.

jvoight
2010-02-10, 02:01 PM
As stated, a hosted object cannot get any information from the object hosting it.

One way to get to this is to use key schedules. I typically use three for doors;

1 for the panel/type info;
2 for the frame information such as type, glazing, material, etc.;
3 for the head/jamb/sill details.

This three key schedule approach tends to keep all three key schedules shorter, and therefore more manageable.

Thanks Scott. That got my wheels turning.

ranrus
2010-02-10, 05:05 PM
Thanks for the info Scott, if you dont mind me asking, could you explain more in depth how to use your method. I haven't worked with key schedules yet.

Thanks

nancy.mcclure
2010-02-10, 08:40 PM
ranrus, here's a quick tutorial for using key schedules to add detail references to your component schedules:
http://ideatesolutions.blogspot.com/2009/08/revit-add-detail-references-to-your.html

ranrus
2010-02-11, 02:44 AM
ranrus, here's a quick tutorial for using key schedules to add detail references to your component schedules:
http://ideatesolutions.blogspot.com/2009/08/revit-add-detail-references-to-your.html

Thanks Nancy, I got it! That's going to help a lot!