PDA

View Full Version : Customized Wall Tag

anthony_panico
2010-02-10, 08:45 PM
I am trying to customize my wall tag so that I can input other parameters which will owrk with the standard system my company uses. Does anyone out there know how to add Identity Data fields in the Type Properties of a wall? My line of thinking is that if I can do this, then I can add them to the wall tag though shared parameters...although I am not 100% confident with what I am proposing.

nancy.mcclure
2010-02-10, 08:50 PM
Anthony, here's a short video tutorial on the process:
http://www.screencast.com/users/nmcclure/folders/Revit%202010%20Tutorials/media/760c6fca-d69b-4f72-bafe-1b59b2c9ed5b

Now, go forth and customize!

anthony_panico
2010-02-10, 09:06 PM
Thank you!! This is exactly what I am looking for. Is there a way to add a parameter to the list of available catagory parameters? I added a couple in my actual tag, but they are not showing up when I attach the tag to the wall, becuase the wall type properties identity data does not have the same fields. I know I could explain this better....let's say I wanted a field in the tag to represent something other than the choices given, such as a letter "S" if there was sound attentuation. Would you know how would I make that field available in the actual wall type properties?

Overconstrained
2010-02-10, 09:20 PM
I "think" you have to add whatever parameter you want as a Project Parameter within the Walls category in the project itself.

It must be a shared parameter to be able to appear in schedules AND tags.

Your custom tag would reference the same shared parameter.

Hopefully that makes some sort of sense?

anthony_panico
2010-02-10, 09:25 PM
I think this is it!! Thank you both for your help.

ameliephaine
2012-09-06, 04:56 PM
Problems = no more!