PDA

View Full Version : Detail View Numbers Problem Revit A-2010

jkh
2010-02-11, 01:28 PM
Hello,

Has anyone else expierenced problems with Detail numbers and have any workarounds?

I have 10 details on a sheet because I placed them on the sheet for sizing and then repositioned them now the view properties detail number has a detail 6 in the pull down menu when there is nothing on the sheet numbered 6 but I get an error when I try to change a detail to that number 6. All the rest are now numbered correctly except this one. How do I delete the number 6 in the pull down so I can then reuse number 6?

I hope this is making sense and someone has a workaround.

Thanks in advance.

James

Graeme Padgham
2010-02-11, 03:54 PM
Hi,
not had that problem, if i delete a view or rename the detail number its origional one dissappears off the pull down (ie. the pull down only reports the list of detail numbers used on that sheet)
Only thing i can suggest is that there is still a view with the detail no. 6 on the sheet somewhere? (perhaps one under another one?)

try a zoom all, then cross select all items on the sheet, check the filter box to see if the number of views matches what you think it should be.

only a thought

patricks
2010-02-11, 05:27 PM
When I click on a view and check the Detail Number On Sheet property, I have lots of numbers listed, even if there are only 2 or 3 views on the sheet. I assume it's just showing me all the numbers used by views on all sheets.

Check to see if any views were set to have No Title, in which case you would have to change the number from that view's properties, instead of typing it in directly on the sheet in the view title.

jkh
2010-02-11, 09:45 PM
Thanks Patricks & Padgham.graeme,

For the response your advice fixed my problem. I had an import view that I had put on the sheet earlier way off the sheet and it was detail 6.

Augi folks are the best.

James