PDA

View Full Version : purge colour scheme values (occupancy)

sami
2010-02-11, 02:38 PM
I have a color scheme based on room occupancy. In my “Edit Color Scheme” dialogue box I seem to have old unused values that I am unable to delete or purge.
I’ve changed these to a bright red color so I can see if any rooms on the floor plans have this, but it doesn’t seem like any rooms have this occupancy value, so shouldn’t it disappear automatically.

Also if I run a room schedule for all floors (Level, Occupancy, Area) I seem to get a lot of lines showing the Level and Area as “Not Placed”
What does that mean? I tried to see if I have any areas that are not enclosed lying around but couldn’t find any.

Is there a way to purge all these unused rooms and occupancy values?

Dimitri Harvalias
2010-02-11, 04:01 PM
As long as the values exist somewhere in the model you won't be able to delete them. Rooms can be Unplaced or Not Enclosed. If Not Enclosed then they are in the model somewhere but not enclosed by bounding elements. If Unplaced they are part of the database but not yet placed in the model. If you delete a Not Enclosed room it remains in the database and changes to Unplaced. You can only delete the 'unplaced' rooms from the room schedule.
If that still doesn't get rid of the color scheme values be sure to check they are not associated with any view templates.

gbrowne
2010-02-11, 04:11 PM
I maintain a schedule "rooms - for deletion" for just this thing. It shows me whats placed and whats not, so I can easily select and delete..

sami
2010-02-11, 06:43 PM
As alsways thank you both for your great replies, I deleted the rooms from the schedule and that solved the whole issue.

bb
2010-02-11, 07:08 PM
I'm in the process of learning revit on my own. I just started going through Aubin's 2010 book. I'm curious as to what advantage is having a space that isn't being used still existing in the model. Does is help with some time of workflow? To me, this is almost against the whole concept of BIM. I'm scheduling something that isn't modeled. Maybe my lack of knowledge is keeping me from understanding this issue. Maybe someone can elaborate.
thanks,
Billy

ijnicholas
2010-02-11, 09:19 PM
Our planners sometimes enter this 'dummy' room data along with the room names and planned sft into revit. Revit allows them to schedule / sort / total the numbers. The designers can use these dummy rooms to populate their designs / floor plans. We get a comparison of the planned sft with the designed sft (some clients require this info!) and the designers dont get carried away by creative with the room names!

Dimitri Harvalias
2010-02-12, 03:57 AM
It's actually very Revit like.
If a room object is accidentally deleted from a view then it will remain in the project database so you don't need to re-enter all the room data.
It's very useful for planning purposes as well. It allows users to create a room schedule, and add rooms before modeling anything. Add rooms from the schedule view (New rows) These rooms can be scheduled and the schedule can be 'filled in' with all the data but area. When modeling begins the user can access the room command and instead of placing a new room the programmed rooms can be selected from the drop down list on the options bar.
Using the new DB Link add in you can enter all your room data in Excel, push it into Revit and have all your rooms ready to go when you start modeling.

Jnicholas, tell your planners not to bother with dummy rooms. Just add a parameter to your schedule for Program Area, create another calculated value parameter and Subtract Area from Program Area to get Area Differential (now if we could only get conditional formatting to print we could print values outside of an acceptable difference to print in red ;))

bb
2010-02-12, 01:56 PM
Thanks guys. That makes sense. Great for programming and comparing program to actual. How many "working" views (schedules, plans, etc) do you have that are never intended to be on the cd sheets. I see them being very useful, just curious of different firms workflows.
Thanks.

martijnderiet
2010-02-13, 09:45 AM
It's actually very Revit like.
Jnicholas, tell your planners not to bother with dummy rooms. Just add a parameter to your schedule for Program Area, create another calculated value parameter and Subtract Area from Program Area to get Area Differential (now if we could only get conditional formatting to print we could print values outside of an acceptable difference to print in red ;))

But we DO have conditional formatting. You can find it in the Shedule Properties, Formatting Tab...

Dimitri Harvalias
2010-02-13, 05:50 PM
The conditional formatting is visible in the schedule view but unfotunately it does not plot:cry: