PDA

View Full Version : View Display

bob.86982
2010-02-11, 04:18 PM
A project i've been working on suddenly has a problem with the display of views. All plan views above the first floor have multiple elements missing. When you hover the cursor over them they appear but I cannot make them display. Also if I change to wireframe they appear, and when I change to shaded with edges, the shading does not show. I tried creating new levels and everything displays properly but I don't want to re-create all of these views because there are many annotation objects, detail lines, etc I would have to re-create. Also some things that don't show on the screen show on a print. Also some things that don't show or show partially, show sometimes when you zoom in or out. I have been messing with this all morning and its driving me nuts.

anyone have any ideas?

gbrowne
2010-02-11, 04:32 PM
Objects hidden in view, press VV and check the catagory is ticked? Or, one that had me going for a bit was if the family had CAD content and the "Imported Catagories - Imports in Families" box was unticked..

Best o'luck!

bob.86982
2010-02-11, 04:51 PM
I clicked the button to show "hidden in view" and none of them have been set to that or been unchecked in visibiliy graphics.

gbrowne
2010-02-11, 04:54 PM
My next guess would be phasing? Or view depth/level issues?

Actually scratch that. Have you colour fills? Are the floors on or off?

bob.86982
2010-02-11, 05:09 PM
I've checked phasing and view range, and the floors are turned on and have a material color.

patricks
2010-02-11, 05:31 PM
A project i've been working on suddenly has a problem with the display of views. All plan views above the first floor have multiple elements missing. When you hover the cursor over them they appear but I cannot make them display. Also if I change to wireframe they appear, and when I change to shaded with edges, the shading does not show. I tried creating new levels and everything displays properly but I don't want to re-create all of these views because there are many annotation objects, detail lines, etc I would have to re-create. Also some things that don't show on the screen show on a print. Also some things that don't show or show partially, show sometimes when you zoom in or out. I have been messing with this all morning and its driving me nuts.

anyone have any ideas?

What Revit version and what build? All updates installed? I believe there was a service pack addressing objects not showing up on prints.

bob.86982
2010-02-11, 05:40 PM
Revit 2010, windows 7, 64 bit, 8 gig ram. I've been working on this project for several months and this just suddenly happened. No problems in other projects.

patricks
2010-02-11, 05:46 PM
All service packs installed? There have been two, plus the subscription advantage pack if you're on subscription.

bob.86982
2010-02-11, 06:07 PM
I'm on subscription but don't recall getting any notification of updates. Since the problem is only in selected views in a single project it seems it would not be a software bug?

dhurtubise
2010-02-12, 01:39 AM
On a "new" view where it all works create a temporary view template then assign it to your "not working" view.

Gadget Man
2010-02-12, 10:37 AM
How about something as silly as an element (e.g. a ceiling or a floor) actually hiding them?

My partner actually had a similar problem - in one view (lower storey) her stairs were showing, while in the other view (upper storey) the stairs were almost (but not entirely) invisible. When you hovered over them they showed OK and then they disappeared again... It was a ceiling, which she added later and... forgot all about it...

Try to make a section through the offending area and analyse it in the section view...

Just a thought....

bob.86982
2010-02-12, 01:30 PM
Thanks everyone for your ideas and suggestions. I'll play around with the temporary template and see what happens.

I had imported a cad file of a site plan and moved it up in elevation so its line work would show over the topo surface and I thought maybe that was the problem but I deleted it and nothing changed.

I have re-created the offending views at the same level and with what I think are the same view depth and visibility graphics and everything on the new views is ok. It's easy to miss a setting so maybe the temporary view template will reveal something. When I duplicate the view the problem still exists. The inconsistancy of missing walls, elements, etc. still makes me think it could be another element hiding things but I can't find anything and it would have to be something that is turned off in the new view.

Very frustrating.

bob.86982
2010-02-12, 01:47 PM
Applying the temporary view template to the problem view does correct it so I guess I do have a problem with one of the visibility graphics settings or view depth settings. I wish there was an easy way to compare the dialog boxes for these settings.

Thanks,