PDA

View Full Version : Walkthrough problem

WT-09
2010-02-11, 07:38 PM
Hi guys,
I am creating a series of walkthroughs in my architectural model and the problem that I am having is the choppiness of the frame transitions. When I play the AVI file, camera is jumping from frame to frame or freezing at some point for a while. My settings are 300 frames at 15 frames per second.
Is that possible to create a smooth walkthroughs in Revit at all?
Thank you.

trombe
2010-02-12, 12:50 AM
Hi,

you can try to increase the numbers of frames to 500 to 750 or even 1000.
If you are not rendering out for the clip, might as well go for best you can .
I have tried a few at 1000 frames for interest.

You also need to use the function for setting walk speed (in effect)
Navigate to your walkthrough, click on the crop boundary, select Element Properties, scroll down to bottom of the dialogue, choose Walkthrough Frames, click on the horizontal bar, and the sub dialogue opens.

De-select or uncheck, the tick box for Uniform Speed.
Now enter 0.10 in the field for speed - m/sec.
0.10 is the slowest speed Revit will allow.
See how these 2 variables change the smoothness of the walkthrough.
Try varying either the frame numbers and walk speed to get what you want.
You can do no more than this in Revit.

If you are intending to have a rendered walkthrough / fly around, I recommend using the method of export where you render out as sequential frame range. If you have flash enough editing software, it is possible to export the frame range as unrendered images, import them to the editing software and render them in that and the stitch the images together for the avi or whatever.

In either case, exporting as frames / sequential images and then stitching them together into an avi, is a good means to get a much better quality video clip than you will ever get out of Revit.
Besides, if your machine freaks and crashes or hangs while rendering an animation, you are toast and lose everything whereas, if the machine crashes when rendering as images, you should only lose frames up to the one before the crash. Then you can come back and select the other frames in the range you need and carry on.

regards
trombe

WT-09
2010-02-12, 01:30 PM
Thank you very much, trombe.
I increased the amount og frames and reduced the speed as you recommended. It worked very well. Camera is moving much smoother now.
Thanks again.