PDA

View Full Version : Manage Links - linked dwg can't unload or remove

jkipfer
2010-02-11, 09:13 PM
I linked in a cad.dwg survey into my Revit model and I don't like the result. I'm trying to unload or remove the linked file now and I get an error message, "A serious error has occurred. It is strongly recommended that you use Save As to save your work in a new file before continuing."
Saving to a new file does not change this problem. I've tried cleaning up the survey file, moving the file to another location, changing from relative to absolute path. Revit shouldn't even be finding this file any more. Isn't linking similar to x-refing in AutoCAD?

Any ideas on how to get this dwg out of my Revit file?

Thanks,

Jason

ijnicholas
2010-02-11, 10:56 PM
instead of removing it from the manage links dialog box, did you try just deleting the dwg file from the view?

jkipfer
2010-02-12, 01:01 AM
Yes. The same error as above occurs.

dhurtubise
2010-02-12, 01:31 AM
Did you tried an Audit while creating the new file?
Is it a workseted project?

jkipfer
2010-02-12, 01:43 AM
It's not a workseted project. I don't think I checked Audit when creating a new file, but I did try closing my file and opening it again with Audit checked and that didn't help. I'll try your suggestion.

jkipfer
2010-02-12, 04:55 PM
Did you tried an Audit while creating the new file?
Is it a workseted project?

I just tried this and don't see an option to Audit while creating the new file.
Even once the new file is created, once I close it and open it again, I have to go through the same process of creating another new file or it won't open.