PDA

View Full Version : 3 Questions!

Vernoos213816
2010-02-14, 11:42 AM
Hello,

I am extremely beginner! and have three problems.

I will thanks to whom answers me, specially in an easy manner.

The image of my project is and realized project "Villa dall'Ava" by "Rem Koolhaas" are attached.

The problem number "1": In this part, the red boundary, I have to put an openable window (horizontally, like photo).

The problem number "2": In the point "2" I want to have a sliding aluminum door. I don't know how to creat it. Like photo.

The problem number "3": On this wooden panel (5cm), closet, I want to have some doors (not sliding).

Thank you.

dpasa
2010-02-14, 01:19 PM
1. This can be a glazing roof or an in-place family or create a roof there and I think there is a roof skylight family that you can adjust...

2. Place your mouse over the curtain wall panel and use TAB (2-3 times) to select the panel... Then you can go to it's properties and replace it (type properties) with a curtain wall door that you previously loaded in your project... There are some samples coming with Revit.
3. Just make a new wall type to use as your closet panel and place a door.

A BIG advice... Try to find workarounds... You will see this word very often when working with Revit... unfortunately...

Vernoos213816
2010-02-14, 04:58 PM
Dear dpasa,

Firstly thank you for your answer.

I could resolve my 1st and 3rd problems, based on your answers.

But fot the 2nd problem, I've looked to the list of the doors, but there is no "Sliding Door" for a "Curtain Wall".

By the way, I didn't understand your mean by telling to find "Workarounds".

Thanks.

twiceroadsfool
2010-02-14, 06:40 PM
Microsoftdio-

Welcome to the forums!

1. There are many ways to skin a cat, so take your pick. None of them are really "right or wrong," theyre just all preferences.

1a. You could put a roof over that opening (of concrete) and thet make a Roof Hosted family. This could easily be parametric to open and close. You could even start with the Roof Hatch thats in the Metric library.
1b. You could make a Curtain System By Face, which (if you really wanted to go above and beyond) the Mass it uses could have a paramtric angle for the top so you could open it for renderings.

2. The "Curtain Panel Doors" dont show as Sliders from the Metric library, they have symbolic linework that suggests swinging doors. Its fairly simple to edit this. Although, i wouldnt. I would use "Edit Family" on a REGULAR curtain panel (glazed). Since the design of the door is basically an entire panel that slides, this will be easier. You can set its usage to be classified as a door. Then i would simply model the frame extents as necesasry, and (in the project) set one side (one version of the panel) to have a positive offset and the other to be a negative.

3. Sounds to me like you should just place a door object. If its frameless, find a frameless door in the Library, or edit one and take the frame off.

And dont worry about "Workarounds." Its something Dpasa cries about when he cant figure out how to get his work done. :) In a few minutes he may copy and paste his manifesto on interoperatbility with face based modeling applications and how real work cannot currently get done in Revit. Good luck!

(Dpasa, its a joke... smile and laugh. :) )

Vernoos213816
2010-02-15, 06:39 PM
Dear Aaron,

Thank you so much for your answer.

Now I think I've got Dpasa's mean. :)

I will try to familiarize to Revit language. It's too different to AutoCAD.

Anyway thank to both of you alot.

See you soon here with my other problems! ;)