PDA

View Full Version : Color Scheme Visibility Issues

jon111712
2010-02-15, 06:26 PM
I've been searching for an answer on this for a while, but haven't seen an answer to it, so I hope it hasn't been resolved elsewhere. I'm working with Revit 2008. We are putting together some Life Safety Plans for an upcoming set, and would like to delineate different room use types by hatch.

I've tried a few things:
1. Filtering for a specific room parameter, then adding a cut pattern. This doesn't work until I add a color scheme to the view, then it works fine.
2. But, adding a color scheme to the plans changes my visibility. It almost seems like it switches over to wireframe, but not everything below the view is visible. For instance, on level P1 (right below grade), I can see my Pad 3 levels down, and the walls from 1 level down. Changing the View Range doesn't fix the visibility either.

So, my questions is; does anyone know if this is a known issue with 2008? And in either case, do we know how to hatch rooms per a specific room parameter?

Thanks

sbrown
2010-02-15, 06:47 PM
You create a color scheme based on the room parameter you want, then change the color and hatch by selecting the legend and clicking its properties in the options bar.

jon111712
2010-02-15, 06:55 PM
Right. That part I've got. The color scheme works does it's intended job when it's placed in the plan, except for the fact that it changes the visibility of my plans to something that is unreadable. I wasn't very clear. Sorry about that.

Thanks for the response though. I guess the question is how to I get the color scheme not modify the view range of the view?

sbrown
2010-02-15, 09:32 PM
I'm not sure why its changing the view range of your view. the behavior of color fills changed in 2009. So in 2008 I know if you wanted to see your floor patterns you couldn't. Basically in 2008 revit turned off the floors and replaced with the color fills. So you may have to adjust your view range if it is set to be lower than the floor level. If you want to see your floor hatch patterns duplicate the view turn everything off but floors and whatever other linework you want to see, then set that view to wireframe and put it ontop of your color fill plan on a sheet. Note in 2009 and 2010 this isn't necessary.

jon111712
2010-02-15, 09:54 PM
huh, that's interesting. I didn't know that it turned off the floors. It seems that is likely the problem I'm having. I appreciate the help. Thanks.