PDA

View Full Version : deleting materials

tim.101799
2010-02-16, 07:08 PM
Is there an easy way to delete ALL of the materials in a template file or project? It appears they cannot be purged and you can only delete them one at a time on the materials dialog box.

twiceroadsfool
2010-02-16, 09:08 PM
One at a time, unfortch.

Whats worse, is if you take the time to delete them one at a time and rebuild ONLY the ones you want in there, watch what happens when you start loading content. They start creeping back in unless you go in to ALL the content and remove/replace it EVERYWHERE...

patricks
2010-02-16, 09:21 PM
We need some kind of batch file or script, similar to the batch upgrade utility, that could do this.

If I could get ALL of our company content cleaned up, then it would be relatively easy checking new stuff that gets downloaded.

Getting our entire content library and standard details file cleaned up with consistent materials, families, standards, etc. to match our template would be a dream, but who has the time?

tim.101799
2010-02-17, 01:35 PM
Thanks for the responces guy.

My office is finally upgrading to revit 2010 from 2008 so I need to remap all of the materials to the new rendering engine. Is there an eay way to do this. Or again, just go through each material one at a time.

greg.mcdowell
2010-02-17, 10:50 PM
There's a tool out there that I found (don't know where) that will help you delete materials in batches. You tell it where to start and how many to delete and it basically runs through the same steps you would have to do manually only faster. Maybe a Google search will bring it up.

arqt49
2010-02-18, 05:01 PM
It is in this thread: http://forums.augi.com/showthread.php?p=1037950