PDA

View Full Version : Rendering / Animation Company Recommendations

sbrown
2010-02-16, 08:56 PM
I'm seeking recommendations for companies(preferably in Florida or east coast) that do high quality renderings/walkthru's and have experience using revit models. I've worked with a few good ones but I'm looking to get some additional contacts.

Thanks for any recommendations.

Scott

marcus.151997
2010-02-17, 01:04 PM
The architectural company that I'm with in NH has assisted other architects w/ revit renderings. The attached image is a building designed by another architect that we modeled and rendered solely in Revit.

sbrown
2010-02-17, 09:47 PM
Thank you. Are you able to do animations. We do still renderings in house but the time it takes for animation is too much so that is why we are looking for a good outsource option.

marcus.151997
2010-02-18, 02:07 PM
Sorry, I haven't tried to do rendered animations , but a visualization company we have worked w/ in the past does it, Tangram 3ds out of Kittery Maine.

cliff collins
2010-02-18, 02:33 PM
Hi Scott,

We have done a lot of high-quality animations using Revit and 3dsMax Design,
as well as Artlantis.

PM me or email me if you would like to discuss.

Best,

Cliff

iamreavis
2010-02-18, 03:48 PM
I am also able to produce animations and renderings from Revit models / 3DS Max. I'm in Charleston, SC.

iamreavis@bamboozled.info

svittori
2010-02-19, 03:02 PM
Mr Brown,
We at Tangram 3DS LLC would be happy to work with you on your animation project. We work with Revit files and scenes all the time. Please visit our web page http://www.tangram3ds.com/ and got to animations. You will find the "Absentee Shawnee Tribe Healthcare Facility" animation which was created for our client using their Revit scene files.
Please give me a call ( 207) 439 9500 to discuss your rendering and animation needs further.
Stefan Vittori

stuntmonkee
2010-02-19, 05:05 PM
We have used www.thepixoluxlab.com in the past. Pretty decent stuff and have done everything from animations to regular architectural renderings. They are West Coast, but it's another option I suppose.

sbrown
2010-02-19, 06:37 PM
Does anyone use a RFP form that lists length of animation, style, etc. Different things you may want out of a animation so when soliciting bids from animation companies you can compare apples to apples?

harrisbrett
2010-02-19, 09:18 PM
Suggest you check out http://www.cgarchitect.com. Probably find some better info there.

As for your RFP question, there are similar threads there (I think?) that might help.

svittori
2010-02-20, 04:36 PM
In order for creating a quote for an animation and to compare apples to apples a list of the following would be enough in your RFP:

1) length of animation and if exterior or interior or both
2) Output and use of animation ( HD format, DVD format and use on web page)
3) if exterior, site plan, landscape plan and elevations as pdf's are fine
4) draw on site plan the camera path or mark areas of importance
5) if sound or music required
6) vendor needs to use existing revit file would be good to get the file so vendors can see how much cleanup work needs to be done
7) some photos of surrounding area to estimate the scope for building surroundings
8) if moving cars and people are required

Those questions or points should be enough for all vendors and to comapre apples to apples.
I hope that helps