PDA

View Full Version : Only one model fill pattern showed up for both sides of the wall

diesellam
2010-02-17, 10:35 PM
OK, I created this wall type with 3/4" plywood and 3/4" board form.

How come the plywood texture shows up on both sides of the wall instead of one plywood texture on one side and board form texture on the other side?? (In both the top and 3d view)

How come the top view shows the entire 1.5" thick wall instead of (2) 3/4" layer?

Please see attached files. Thanks.

cporter.207875
2010-02-17, 10:47 PM
Your wall is not tall enough to show cut in plan. You need to raise the wall height to at least 6'-0" to show cut projection in plan.

diesellam
2010-02-17, 11:08 PM
I just did raise it to 10' in the revit file. It is still showing 1 cut pattern instead of 2 different pattern.

Also, the 3d view is only showing the plywood texture on both sides of the wall. Why?

cporter.207875
2010-02-17, 11:25 PM
First, you have your coarse scale cut pattern set as the plywood texture. So your plan needs to be at medium or fine detail, else don't set a pattern for coarse scale.
Second, it appears that one of the faces of the wall was painted with the plywood material, effectively overriding the desired pattern. If you draw another section of the wall and look at it in 3D it should be correct.

diesellam
2010-02-17, 11:37 PM
I don't quite understand.
You mean the cut pattern within each material of the wall?

I thought if I build a walltype that has the 2 different layers of material in it, it should show as 2 different layers with 2 different patterns. I set that up in the type properties of the wall type.

Would you mind to elaborate little bit more?

cporter.207875
2010-02-17, 11:46 PM
Sure. Select the wall, go to its type properties, and you will see a parameter called Coarse Scale Fill Pattern. By default, Revit does not show wall layers at coarse level of detail. So you set the view's level of detail to be Coarse but maybe you want to see some pattern, like a solid fill in an egress plan. This Coarse Scale Fill Pattern will "poche" the interior of the wall with whatever single pattern you choose.

Make sense?

diesellam
2010-02-18, 12:15 AM
Thanks for the info. Now this is my next question

Is there a way I can see the 2 layers of the wall type in the 3d view like the floor plan?

How can I see the plywood pattern on one side of the wall and board form pattern on the other side of the wall (in 3d view)?

cliff collins
2010-02-18, 04:33 PM
Make sure that Surface patterns of Walls are turned on in the 3D view.

cheers.......