PDA

View Full Version : snap crop view (region) to drafting lines or reference planes

leerevit
2010-02-18, 02:07 AM
It seems the crop region can't snap to any line/reference plane. I hope there is a work around. Any idea? Thanks!

d.stairmand
2010-02-18, 09:05 AM
You can snap to the Bottom Left Corner of a Line, and draw a line from the Bottom Left Corner etc.

leerevit
2010-02-19, 01:52 AM
Thanks Dwane! After some further testing, this is the way I find to match crop view region exactly exactly as the rectangle of drafting lines. First, you drawing the rectangle using drafting lines and write down the dimension of length and width. Then check "Crop View" and "Crop Region Visible" in View Properties and then set the size of crop region to be the same as drafting line rectangle. Then select crop region, pick the low-left corner and snap it to the low-left corner of rectangle.
Do not check "Annotation Crop" option as this will stop you picking the low-left coner point of crop region.
The reason I need to match crop region and drafting line rectangle is that I need to export same view to be DWG and image JPG seperately (in Hidden line and Shading mode seperately). And then in AutoCAD I put the JPG underneath the CAD lines. So I need the rectangle in CAD to scale the JPG exactly to match CAD. This way I can get perfect color pdf with shadow from AutoCAD! Revit pdf output sucks when making shaded pdf. I don't know if anyone else have other work around to create color-shaded pdf with sharp lines from revit, please share. Thanks!