PDA

View Full Version : Elements not showing in elevations

andy.wiggins
2010-02-18, 10:23 AM
Hi,

First time poster here.. Long long long time user of Autocad / AutoCAD Architecture etc.. Now getting itno Revit...

Apologies if this has been answered..

I have started to redraw an existing project in Revit, by importing the AA 2009 file in as dwg file, and tracing it with Revit elements etc..

Shows up fine in 3D view, plan views but is not displaying in all my elevs, and the ones it is displaying in, its not showing all the walls..

Any hints, points to a link etc would be great..

Cheers

Andy

tomnewsom
2010-02-18, 11:59 AM
Hi,

First time poster here.. Long long long time user of Autocad / AutoCAD Architecture etc.. Now getting itno Revit...

Apologies if this has been answered..

I have started to redraw an existing project in Revit, by importing the AA 2009 file in as dwg file, and tracing it with Revit elements etc..

Shows up fine in 3D view, plan views but is not displaying in all my elevs, and the ones it is displaying in, its not showing all the walls..

Any hints, points to a link etc would be great..

Cheers

Andy
Are your elevation views actually placed in the right place to see the model? When importing AutoCAD drawings, the actual linework can be placed far away from the origin. If you zoom out in your plan, you may well find your elevations floating around in space not looking at anything...

andy.wiggins
2010-02-18, 12:28 PM
Hi Tom

Yes, i have even placed new elev tags in front of the model to see if this helps.. Still not seeing what I think I should be. The import was from pretty much 0,0 in AA 2009, so shouldnt be an origin problem..

In fact, I cant see my level lines in elevation view either...?

I have thrown a section line in, and can see all of the model correctly, no problems there.. Its just the elevation views that arent showing correclty....

andy.wiggins
2010-02-18, 12:33 PM
Whoaa there...

Picnic alert.. Where I had imported my model in.. its a biggy, I hadnt re sized the scope of the elev tags.. so when I dragged these to actually hit the rest of teh model, it worked..

Thanks for helping..

tomnewsom
2010-02-18, 04:20 PM
You should also make sure that your Levels intersect your views - they're not boundless planes, but finite, with their limits controlled by the grips in section.elevation views.

cliff collins
2010-02-18, 04:31 PM
You might also use a Scope Box to control Grids and Levels.........

cheers.......

andy.wiggins
2010-02-18, 05:17 PM
Cheers Guys..

I am geting going on it now, and trying all sorts out, so its a case of every now and then, a weird one comes up. I will be trying to limit stupid ones as much as possible..