PDA

View Full Version : Can't figure out how to hide certian elements from linked model

crl_arch
2010-02-18, 04:15 PM
I'm working on architectural stair sections that have a structural model linked into it that also has a stair within it, along with the necessary columns/beams/framing, etc. I want to be able to hide the structural stair in the section, but still be able to see the structural framing. I've heard it is possible to hide only certain elements within a linked model, but whenever I try, all I get is all or nothing (the whole link hides and not just the element I want). Help!!

Thanks!

cliff collins
2010-02-18, 04:30 PM
Go to View properties> Revit Links> check "Custom" >Model Categories "Custom"
and/or Annotation Categories> "Custom" and you can control visibility of the Linked Revit models in each view in your project.

You can take this a step farther and set up View templates with these settings for linked models and apply them to all views in your project.

cheers..................

Scott Womack
2010-02-18, 05:18 PM
You can also select the link, then tab to the structural stair, and hide it in that view.

crl_arch
2010-02-18, 05:26 PM
Thanks guys, got it!

wcleaveland
2010-03-29, 01:34 PM
Have a very similar situation- but I have no visibility options for linked components. this is an MEP model. I also cant get the ductwork- which is 3d in the MEP model to show as 3d when linked into my model. Any advice?

Mike Sealander
2010-03-29, 02:12 PM
I believe in the model view properties dialogue, there is a radio button to show elements from all disciplines. Revit by default lists the object types that are native to your (architectural) discipline only

cliff collins
2010-03-29, 03:00 PM
It could be a "coarse detail level" setting in the MEP link which only shows symbolic
lines for ducts unless it's set to Medium or Fine detail level?

cheers......