PDA

View Full Version : Linked Door Tags

mcg.242714
2010-02-18, 04:42 PM
Hi everyone, my office is starting to move into using Revit for select projects. It has fallen to me to create our AutoCad blocks in Revit, for the most part things are going well. However I am stuck on create a door tag. I am trying to create a door tag that would be linked to both the room number and the number that door is within the room. So far I have tryed using shared parameters and it hasnt worked. I did some searching on the forum and found a thread or two about using the to/from option in the schedules settings, this didnt solve my problem. Is it possible to create a tag like this without buying an add on program?

pfaudler
2010-02-18, 05:02 PM
Short answer is NO.
You can to show room number in door tag unless you manually enter room number in door tag syntax.

Scott Womack
2010-02-18, 05:27 PM
However I am stuck on create a door tag. I am trying to create a door tag that would be linked to both the room number and the number that door is within the room.

There is a way, to get it into a schedule, To my knowledge, there is no way to get this info into the tag. When you put parameters into a schedule, in the lower left corner, it'll say doors, you can then use the To Room or From Room numbers, You may have to revise your doors, or have the most common in a To, and a From version to consistently pick up the wanted room number in the schedule.

mcg.242714
2010-02-18, 06:45 PM
Will the"bimassist" or the "avatech" add on programs allow me to create the tag the way i would like?