PDA

View Full Version : compound floor layer not joining

alberto.malinverno
2010-02-19, 12:35 PM
Hi all,

i have a compuond floor with a 1/2" plaster below the concrete core structure.
But when i join the floor with the border concrete beam, or wall, the plaster passes trough them, even if the plaster layer priority is set to 5 (the lowest).
Furthermore, the concrete material takeoff is completely wrong: the beam volume is missing!
Everything works quite well if i remove the plaster layer below.

Is it a bug of revit 2010 or i am doing something wrong?

thanks...

nancy.mcclure
2010-02-19, 09:19 PM
Alberto, even if your plaster layer is set to Finish 2 [5] function, if it resides in the structural formula between the 2 grey Core Boundary rows, then it will not clean up properly with other assemblies. Select the plaster layer and move it down to be out of the boundary identifying rows (core boundary). Whatever is within the Core Boundary is deemed essential to the structural core of the wall, and other materials will not cut it.

HTH

alberto.malinverno
2010-02-20, 03:04 AM
that's what i thought too... but the point is that the plaster layer is already outside the core boundary... see the layers structure!
And i cannot understand the behaviour of the material takeoff shedule too... the beam material volume is correct in the beam instance properties dialogue box, but why the beam material volume is 0 in the material takeoff schedule??
Furthermore, if i delete the plaster layer or if i move it above the core boundary, everything works... even the beam material takeoff magically reappears!