PDA

View Full Version : While Drawing "Z" Shaped 3 Connected Wall Segments of 16' each, the Length of them gets Automatically Changed. Why?.

bingles7
2010-02-22, 04:56 PM
While Drawing walls, the Length of the Wall Changes, thats why the Dimension is reporting accordingly.

Dimitri Harvalias
2010-02-22, 05:05 PM
If I understand correctly the length of the wall segments is not changing but the automatic dimension reported may appear to change depending on where you have the origin of the wall and where you have temporary dimensions set.

bingles7
2010-02-23, 06:09 AM
The Dimension Should be placed on the End points of wall.

Dimitri Harvalias
2010-02-23, 06:49 AM
I'm still not clear on the real issue here. As you place walls you can type exact values for your wall lengths and Revit will create a wall of that length.
If your location line as you place walls is centre of wall then the distance measured will be to the centre of the walls. If the location line is set to the wall face then the dimension will be to the wall face.

bingles7
2010-02-23, 07:55 AM
Why Dimensions reports the Length of differently?

Dimitri Harvalias
2010-02-23, 08:56 AM
Temporary dimensions settings will determine what dimension is reported. You can adjust them from the ribbon; Manage > Settings > Temporary Dimensions.
When you place a wall it will be placed accurately. When you select any one of the walls the temporary dimensions will also be reported accurately but may not show the value you expect depending on the location they are reporting to.

bingles7
2010-02-27, 07:45 AM
I want to Cry & feel like crying. Why such a simple Task "Dimensioning" is So Much Tough in Revit. I am about to cry. Why Revit is so Tough & what is the need of being tough..

bingles7
2010-02-28, 02:26 PM
Thanks sir. You are very helpful.