PDA

View Full Version : Opening Revit - Annoying 'popup' window

leeba
2010-02-24, 08:41 PM
When I open Revit (every time), I find an odd little window opens up as well. I can't move, resize, or otherwise interact with it, aside from clicking the X to close it (which works fine). I was wondering if anyone else has come across this issue and/or knows of a way to make it stop.

Running Revit 2010 on an XP computer, dual monitor setup.

Screenshot:

http://img341.imageshack.us/img341/2640/revitc.jpg

jamesgchambers
2010-02-25, 01:15 PM
Yea, one of our users has that issue, but we haven't figured out what's going on. Would be nice to see a solution though.

ijnicholas
2010-02-25, 03:13 PM
Do you have any add-ons, that is trying to create a toolbar?

leeba
2010-02-25, 03:14 PM
I have an Avatech add-in but it was just installed yesterday. However, this has been happening for a month or two so it cannot be related. Also, note that the window comes up before I've even opened a project.

bearden383
2010-03-23, 03:34 PM
I have the same thing. It's been there since first install last summer.

patricks
2010-03-23, 04:00 PM
I used to have the same issue, also running dual monitors. Disabling the nVIEW application associated with my nVIDIA graphics card solved the problem, and I haven't seen it since.

What I did find to be odd was that after closing that little box, the family type selector drop-down in the ribbon duplicated itself down into the options bar, looking like the old UI's type selector.

Here's my thread on it http://forums.augi.com/showthread.php?t=100759

There I expressed not wanting to get rid of nVIEW but really, I haven't missed it. Thankfully Windows 7 seems to do a better job of remembering which screen I want various apps to open.

ppirtle
2010-03-23, 10:25 PM
If you right-click on its titlebar (what little you can see of it), you can move it.

We had this same problem. It seemed to be affected on different machines by the settings of the ATI card. For example, setting the "Hardware Acceleration" setting all the way to "none" seemed to cause it to disappear on *some* machines. I also found that I could get rid of it if I disabled the ATI Hydravision utility. HTH

leitourgon
2013-07-25, 07:27 PM
If you right-click on its titlebar (what little you can see of it), you can move it.

We had this same problem. It seemed to be affected on different machines by the settings of the ATI card. For example, setting the "Hardware Acceleration" setting all the way to "none" seemed to cause it to disappear on *some* machines. I also found that I could get rid of it if I disabled the ATI Hydravision utility. HTH

We are running AMD W7000 Firepro. We went in the control panel under Hydarvision tab->Desktop Manager->"un-chackf" enable dialog repositioning and apply. This took care of it! hope this helps!

patricks
2013-07-26, 03:08 PM
We are running AMD W7000 Firepro. We went in the control panel under Hydarvision tab->Desktop Manager->"un-chackf" enable dialog repositioning and apply. This took care of it! hope this helps!

Are you still having the issue? What Revit version and what Windows version? I haven't had this issue since Revit 2010 back in 2009, while running Windows XP *gag*

DzineN
2014-12-23, 06:23 PM

This also worked with our AMD FirePro V4900 Graphics Adapter.... Thanks for incite. So far, haven't noticed any other side effects by turning off the "Enable Dialog Repositioning".

risaku80
2015-07-13, 04:05 PM
Thanks for posting this solution. It was driving me nuts.