PDA

View Full Version : Reveal not cutting a hosted profile

Joshua Kohl
2010-02-24, 08:59 PM
See attached .rvt file for example.

I am trying to have a reveal cut through a wall and also through a hosted profile that is part of the wall type. It will cut the wall but not the profile.

When I hover over the reveal and it highlights I can see that it goes up to the top of the wall but doesn't cut the profile.

The outside face of the profile is flat and flush with the face of the wall.

If this is the way Revit is and it is something I have to accept, I will just use model lines to represent the reveal in the profile.

If it is supposed to cut the profile can someone give me a hint as to how to make it work?

Thanks alot!

cliff collins
2010-02-24, 09:18 PM
Could you edit the shape/sketch of the profile itself to put the "reveal" in it?

Just a quick thought--have not yet opened your example Revit file.

cheers.......

jeh.212740
2010-02-24, 09:56 PM
Join the vertical profile to the horizontal profile and you should achieve your desired result

Joshua Kohl
2010-02-25, 01:00 PM
One of my co-workers came up with a solution. Since the profile shape was flat and flush with the face of the wall he did the following (all while within the Edit Structure tab of the Element Properties of the wall type):

1. Remove the hosted sweep from the wall type
2. Use Split Region to split the exterior finish (which in this case is thin brick, make sure to split it at both the front and back side of the finish material)
3. Create a new Finish layer, apply the proper material settings, the thickness will be adjusted automatically after the next step
4. Use Assign Layers to assign the newly created finish to the newly created region

Voila! The vertical reveal will now cut the horizontal band.

See attached .rvt file and jpg of Edit Assembly box for reference if you would like.

That takes care of the 3D model views and the elevations. Just takes a few more steps in the detailing part but it's something I have unfortunately come to accept with Revit.