PDA

View Full Version : Automatic license borrowing

tim.101799
2010-02-25, 03:26 PM
Is there anyway to write some sort of windows script or BAT file that would automatically borrow a revit license to my laptop when ever I shut down / log off. Sometimes I forget to check a license out at the end of the day. It would be great of I could automate the process.

Munkholm
2010-02-26, 09:03 PM
Since i´m not a programmer, i can only guess that it´s definitely possible...

But why ? If you want to check out the license from a stationary computer at work, only to bring it to your laptop (or stationary) at home, there´s no need for it... Autodesk allows you to install Revit on your home computer, using the licence from work... However ! If you´re using a network license at work, you´ll need to aquire a new "home SN" from Subsription Center though... (it´s free of charge)

Disclaimer: I´ve not read the EULA in a while, but at least, it used to be this way :beer:

jsnyder.68308
2010-02-27, 07:33 AM
Or alternatively, (assuming you are using network licensing) just check one out for 1 month, or a week, or whatever, and set a reminder on your calendar to check it out again the day it gets returned. Just be cognizant of your employment situation and the number of licenses you have available.