PDA

View Full Version : rotating a view on the sheet,,,,problem

ntnik
2010-02-25, 09:41 PM
i put a plan on a sheet and needed to rotate in 90 degress. I activated the view and selected the crop region and rotated in 90 degrees, that was fine. If i select that crop region and look at element properties it lists "none" in terms of rotation, anyway....My problem is that i try and do the same thing on the roof plan. I bring to the sheet activate, select crop region and the "rotate" option greys out and is not an option.....i want both rotated and the title's orientation to remain unchanged.

gvluisi
2010-02-25, 10:02 PM
Instead of activating your view, try selecting the view and go to element properties/ Instance Properties >>Rotation on Sheet .

ntnik
2010-02-25, 10:34 PM
i want to rotate it WITHOUT rotating the drawing title and its not letting me....in the past to accomplish this i have been able to rotate the crop region....what you suggest does work, but it rotates the drawing title

cliff collins
2010-02-25, 10:48 PM
I believe the same question was asked today here: (scroll down a few posts )

http://forums.augi.com/showthread.php?t=114993

does this work?

cheers......

ntnik
2010-02-25, 11:34 PM
i appreciate it, but i do understand this (having received help earlier)....i was able to rotate my plan drawing this way (by rotating the crop boundary) and i am UNABLE to rotate my roof plan in the same manner....refer to attachment - when i highlight my crop boundary to rotate i do NOT get the option....its greyed out

ntnik
2010-02-26, 01:55 PM
another thing...in the attachment....both plans (in element properties) show "no rotation"....and one obviously is (at least through rotating the crop region)....can i fix this by going back and rotating the model??

cliff collins
2010-02-26, 02:13 PM
I just tested this--made a new project, created a Floor Plan and Roof Plan.

Placed both on a Sheet, activated view, turned on crop region, rotated, deactivated view
and it works-- view rotates, but view title stays horizontal.

Worked for both Plan and Roof Plan.

Is the Roof Plan view pinned on the sheet?

Try creating a new Sheet, delete the views off the original sheet, place the views on the new sheet and try rotating.

Try creating a new project and do a quick test of rotating your views. I suspect something
is wrong in your project.

cheers......